Wow — it’s almost February. January is flying by with too many meetings and the always lovable planning activities. In this whirlwind, it is easy to miss some interesting marketing news that could affect future strategies. So in case you missed it, check out these 10 stories that will help you catch up to this busy week in marketing.
10 Marketing Stories to Know This Week
1. The 6 Essential Steps to Writing a ?Killer Press Release – While many people may want the press release to die, it is still hanging around. The folks at Copyblogger outline steps for writing one that can drive results.
2. How To Use Twitter To Boost Your Google Rankings – Does your business use Twitter? If so, learn from Search Engine Land how to use your account to help improve your Google rankings.
3. Social Media Marketing: Strategy to Commerce – If you are interested in social media marketing strategy, you might want to check out this new post from the TopRank Online Marketing Blog.
4. 32 SEO Tactics to Avoid in 2011 – Learn what SEO tactics to leave out from your 2011 plans with this post from SEOmoz.
5. Rethinking the Future of Business Part 1: The State of Corporate Social Media - How will social media impact business? Brian Solis takes a look at the current state of corporate social media.
6. Mobile Trends 2011 for the Realist – Mobile will be an important marketing trend in 2011. See what the folks at Marketing Pilgrim say are “realistic” trends.
7. 23 Reasons To Add Video Blogging To Your Content Repertoire – If you have been thinking about video blogging, check out this article from Search Engine Journal. It just might convince you to start.
8. How To Create A [Good] Blogger Pitch – Bloggers can be a hard group of people to influence. Social Media Explorer shares some knowledge on how to pitch them with your story idea.
9. Why Your Special Offer Isn’t – Offers are extremely important for lead generation. Jay Baer shares why most lead generation offers aren’t as good as they could be.
10. 10 Top Business Blogs and Why They Are Successful – If you are a business that is blogging, it can be a great idea to look at other successful business blogs to help you understand what they are doing that contributes to their success. Social Media Examiner has a great post highlighting 10 examples.
What other stories would you add to this list?
Photo Credit: umjanedoan
Free Download – Improving SEO: A Practical Guide
Use SEO to drive more visitors to your site.
Connect with HubSpot:
Popularity: unranked [?]